March 16, 2020
As the situation with the COVID-19 coronavirus continues to develop, understandably people are alarmed and taking extra precautions. Village Veterinary Practice takes our commitment to our clients and patients very seriously and, because of that, we’re acting with caution to reduce potential risk.
Though we’re not aware of any presumed cases of COVID-19 coming through our hospitals, we wanted to let you know that we are taking the following measures to keep you safe:
- As a healthcare facility, our staff has always practiced good handwashing hygiene and we have always cleaned and disinfected our practice to keep you and your pets safe. Since concerns about COVID-19 popped up, we’ve stepped up our cleaning routine to make sure all surfaces are being frequently disinfected.
- We’re following the CDC’s recommendations and asking sick team members to stay home for the safety of your families and ours. We also ask that you call our office to reschedule your pet’s appointment if you’re exhibiting any fever or respiratory symptoms.
- Though we’re remaining open during our normal business hours, we’re continuing to monitor recommendations made by state and local officials and will act accordingly.
- To play our part in the current social distancing recommendations to slow the spread of the virus, we are implementing a protocol that will minimize traffic through the front lobby of our hospitals. Therefore, if you only need to come in to pick up your pet’s food and/or medications, we’ll be happy to bring items out to the car for you! Payments can be made over the phone. When you pull up to the office, simply call us from your phone and we’ll be out with your items as soon as we can! We do kindly ask for your patience in this process.
- If your pet needs to be seen and you prefer not to enter to the hospital, please call us from the car when you arrive. We’ll come out and bring your pet into the hospital. Once your pet’s physical examination has been complete, we’ll call you to discuss the findings and the recommended course of treatment. Payment can be made over the phone and we’ll bring your pet and any necessary medications back out to you.
- If you are sick or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have a sick animal, please call us ahead of time so that we can discuss how we can best manage your pet’s care.
As far as your furry friends go, there’s no need to worry about them. According to the American Veterinary Medical Association’s (AVMA), “no animals in the United States have been identified with the virus, and there is no evidence that dogs or other pets can contract or spread COVID-19.”
If you have questions or concerns about your pet’s upcoming visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help.
We’ll continue to update you through our website, email, facebook and PetDesk app with any new information that we have.